Please keep you child at home if they are sick: yellow or green discharge, open sores, fever, if they have diarrhea or vomiting.
These classes are full of small children who are learning to behave in group settings. We strive to create a safe learning atmosphere for all. Please be understanding of "bad" behaviour and be patient with all the children! If at all possible, continue with the song activity, setting a good example.
2020 Health Policy
for SQUAMISH MUSIC TOGETHER
We ask for your help in keeping all the members of our musical community healthy by following these protocols. Our classes may have immune-compromised individuals (including pregnant women) who may be more susceptible to viral respiratory infections, including influenza and COVID-19, so your vigilance and adherence to this health policy is extremely important. Our teachers reserve the right to send a family home from class if they feel these sickness protocols are not being followed.
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
• All instruments that were distributed will be disinfected between classes and the end of the day with hospital-grade sanitizing disinfectant.
• Classroom surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
• Some instruments and props may be taken out of circulation.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available for use during class.
Family Health Protocols
• We ask that all adults and children wash their hands before and after class for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the “Hello Song” to all the members of your family: that'll be at least 20 seconds!) Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for this.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow. (Practice this with our chant, "I'm freezing, I'm freezing . . . sneezing . . . Achoo! Achoo!”) Afterwards, wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
• Fist-bump or wave instead of shaking hands or hugging.
• If you or your child is sick, please stay home until you are fully recovered. If you or your child has had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without assistance of fever-reducing medication) before returning to class.
• If you or your child becomes ill with something contagious after you were in class, please contact us immediately.
Schedule a Make Up!
We have a generous makeup policy, so please keep that in mind. If circumstances warrant more flexibility, we will allow families to carry over makeups to next semester.
Contact Director Lise-Anne Beyries, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your questions about this health policy or our plans for responding to COVID-19. Let’s keep the music playing!
Tuition is $170.00 per semester. Tax-free.
This includes a CD, a songbook and an access code to download the music collection onto devices and a host of other great music making tools.
Siblings are $100
Siblings 7-9 month-old are $45
Siblings 6 months and under are free.
Scholarships are available.
Drop-in fees for registered families is $10 per class.
Non registered families may come to one free tryout class, with an appointment. Please call us.